Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Amid May

I quit my job three weeks or so ago and have been home finishing up homework and doing house projects ever since!

One of my homework assignments was to put together a binder proving that I've satisfied all of the requirements of a class for my major called Professional Communication Practices. I need to write one heck of an essay and photocopy my many query letters and market research to show that I know how to do all that stuff. It's quite a job but it will be worth it if I can get credit for this class without having to, you know, take it. Gosh, I love being a middle aged college student!

Last month I took 3 CLEP tests. I passed two of them but flunked College Algebra. By 3 points. I was so disgusted. It was 57 questions and my score was 47. I would rather have gotten 27 than 47.

I begged my TA at college and so they're going to let me try to test out of College Algebra when I'm on campus in August. That doesn't mean I'll get the 4 units credit like I would have had I passed the CLEP. But at least I wouldn't have to suffer through the class. 3 lousy points. The agony.

In non-school news, I'm busily tidying up and organizing the house, as well as doing a virtual garage sale on eBay. That's my Big Plan for making up my part time job income: selling stuff on eBay. I have tons of antique-type stuff from my mother's estate as well as things of my own. Good stuff. I guess I'll do this until I get sick of it, or run out of junk. The former is much more likely than the latter.

No comments: